Monday, February 22, 2010

I realized today that I am immature.

Ok, not completely. In fact, I've often been told that I'm wise and very mature for my ripe age of twenty. I've also been compared to a good worn in pair of shoes. It was a compliment...I think. The person then went on to say that I was comfortable to be around. Anyways.

Tonight. In my Anatomy and Physiology Lab. I realized that I am "immature."
We just started studying bones after a grueling month of looking at slide after slide of tissue samples and different types of boring cells and ...ZzzzZzz...
BUT, I like bones. And bones actually mean something to me and to my future career (Occupational Therapy. Don't ask what it is. Just Google it.) So I therefore have more motivation to learn it.
This week we're studying the Axial bones (Head, back, and ribcage). So I started off by looking at all the different bones of the spine. The spine is broken into 5 parts: Cervical (neck), Thoracic (typical "back" area), Lumbar (lower back), sacrum, and coccyx. Well...I learn by relating to sound or to a picture of something I know. The bones that make up the Thoracic part of the back look like giraffes. Giraffe sounds kind of like thoracic... well, in my head it does. Immature Point 1.




After going through all of the bones of the back I grabbed a skull. I looked at it, inside and out, took it apart, yadda yadda yadda. I then put it back together. The lower jaw (mandible) was connected with a spring. ...Big mistake to whoever made this model. I then sat and played with him. I had a little conversation with the skull (all in my head) and the best part was when he laughed. It was seriously so hilarious that I too laughed out loud. (I LOLed.) I felt pretty awkward. And I really wish there was someone as immature as me in my class, just so my skull could have another skull friend. Immature point 2.

If thats immature, then I'll take it. I'll still be the one passing Anatomy. Booyah.

No comments:

Post a Comment