Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Have I ever told you you're my herooo?!

This is Doctor Hunter "Patch" Adams. You can read about him here.

Homeboy's got it going on.

You might have seen the movie, Patch Adams, with Robin Williams. If not, its on Netflix, check it out. I would reccomend that movie to anyone.

Patch Adams' ideas of healthcare are what I feel is right. He feels that you should treat a patient, not a disease. Make fun of life, and make life fun. Be creative. Be inspiring. Be supportive. Be loving. Be compassionate.
Doctors, and other healthcare professionals these days care more about the money behind the service than actually the service itself. This isn't a car repair shop. This is life. You mess one little thing up, and its gone. People need to focus more on the person than what comes out of the person's wallet.
I'm not going to get into the whole "free healthcare" thing. I understand both sides. I think things like that should be free, but I understand how expensive everything costs, and the government seems like its in enough financial turmoil...
I digress.

Patch Adams is the man. The bomb. The cat's pajamas. The bee's knees.

He also says that all the problems in the world have been caused by men. I sort of agree with that...but the women didn't help. ha.

I love everything about this man. At least, I haven't found anything so far that was displeasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment