Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Stepping out.

I saw the world today.
Or at least it felt like I was seeing it all again for the first time. Haha. I finally left the house. But, first, I barely made it out of the driveway. My truck was barricaded in the yard by mountains of snow and ice. I made it out, and to Wal-mart, Chick-fil-A and work I went.
AND I GOT TO SEE MY BOYFRIEND.
....
Please, let me just take a moment to talk about how wonderful he is. And to explain the story of how everything came about. (Names have been slightly changed...just because I'm funny like that)
I guess I have to go all the way back to the beginning. ...February 2008...I meet a guy named "Randy" online. He's 20, lives here for school (in Va Beach), and we really hit it off. He's a nice guy, funny, southern accent (I just like accents...its different.), plays guitar...etc. We talk for a few days...then he just disappears. I should have seen this as a precursor. But, of course, I didn't. A few weeks later, we started talking again...and then it all happened again. (At this point I had still never met the guy...we just chatted online and on the phone.) So, I kind of, reluctantly, gave up. Met another guy named Alex, ...I mean... Barnaby? ... anyways. Dated him for about 3 months...that fell apart because he was an idiot. And once again started talking to Andy, I mean Randy. Now...during this period I became a kind of "floozy" ...talking to multiple guys at one time...not dating all of them or doing "other" things... nonetheless, a floozy. I found out that RAndy had moved to Fredericksburg for his job. Yadda Yadda Yadda. Decided, on a whim, to drive up there one day...finally met the kid, started "dating"....if thats what you want to call it. And I guess a "girlfriend" isn't someone he talks to on the phone or even attempts to communicate with by any means....I put up with it, for a few weeks. Then...(here's where the fun part starts) I meet Josh. Now, I don't believe in love at first sight. But I loved him as soon as I met him. He was everything I wanted. He was charming, smart, funny, dorky...just...Someone I knew I would like being around. I told him about my situation. He was very accepting of everything and just basically told me that I deserved better. Deep down I knew he was right, and I knew that I wanted to be with him. But Josh lived with his mom, he worked at a pizza place...what kind of promise is that? RAndy on the other hand had his own house, and a job doing airconditioning stuff...or something like that. That was a future for me. But the more I thought about it...the better Josh became. It basically came down to a be happy or be not happy. I wanted to be happy. I saw more emotional security and happiness with Josh. I saw a better future with him. Thats what I really wanted, he's who I really wanted. Nothing else mattered. I just wanted Josh. So, March 6 2009, I decided that it was over with RAndy. He had told me the last time we talked (which was 2 weeks before this date) that I could come up the weekend of the 6th. So I did, to break it off with him and get my stuff. I drive all the way up there, and homie isn't even at his house. I wait until 10:00 and he never showed up. So I had to write him a note and put it on his door. ...you heard me right...a note on his door. Needless to say that was it. I consider March 6th me and Josh's anniversary. I know...pathetic...whatever. All of that ^ ..was the best decision I've ever made in my life. Josh is the most amazing man I've ever met. He's all I want and all I need. Thats all that matters. Now, its been a year since I met him, and I wouldn't change anything. He's my best friend. He's just...a great person. I'm a lucky girl to have him in my life.

I digress.


We went and saw "Couple's Retreat" at Cinema Cafe ($1.00 movies on Tuesdays...yeah, I'm always down for that.). It was a very good movie. I've been seeing some good ones lately. Of course, "Patch Adams", always a good movie. "Passengers" with Anne Hathaway, excellent movie-kind of a chick-flick thriller with a twist.

It also helps that this amazing boyfriend of mine, Josh, has online Netflix. And that I have the password. :-) I love that boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment