Sunday, September 26, 2010

Brain Saga Part 2

Sorry for the late post about everything. And this won't even have the meat and potatoes of the information you've been waiting for.

I had the MRI, which was ....pretty fun actually. However, if I had the chance to do it again, I would refrain. I feel like if I had smoked marijuana before, I would have completely flipped out and just started screaming. I felt like I was inside of a video game. The noises were insane! The scariest part was towards the end and the bed started to shake a little. ...that freaked me out, at that point I was done. ha. I have no idea how long I was in there; I lost all track of time. My hands were the most uncomfortable. I started with them folded on my belly, then within 5 minutes (I'm guessing) I started to get all fidgety. Overall, not the worst experience in the world. Annnd, I still haven't received a bill. So far, I'm safe from another $40.

Until tomorrow.

I go back to neurologist tomorrow ($40 copay, chaching.) for him to read it. I feel kinda good about it. I called them a week ago, or so, and asked what I was supposed to do next. The nurse said that I make an appointment to get it read and thats it. She said that if it turned out to be something terrible they would call. And, I haven't gotten a call. Which makes me feel super good. However, uneasy. As happy as I am that its nothing serious, I would love to find out whats been going on. I assumed that an MRI would be able to tell. Maybe they did find something, but its not serious and completely treatable. ...that would be absolutely amazing. Tears would be shed.

I can't wait to get rid of this shit. I don't think anyone really understands whats going on. I don't think people get the fact that I can't cough or clear my throat. Think about that. How many times during the day do you cough or clear your throat? Must be nice. I can't do it. What about sneezing? These are things we go day to day taking for granted. These a normal body functions that everyone possesses and everyone does. These things were designed as mechanisms to remove bacteria, allergens, and foreign things from our bodies. ...yeah, coughing and sneezing is that important. And I am incapable of doing so.

So there it is. Tomorrow, I could have an answer. I could be posting from a hospital bed. I could be posting from right here in my room. However, Blogger, you will find out, as will I, whats going on inside of my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment